The other day we were heading out to run some errands and my hands were full with Cole and other stuff. Malia was walking ahead of us and started down the stairs, but tripped (probably just over her own feet) and fell down the cement stairs. She kinda face planted it, then bounced once on her head, then did a full flip and landed flat on her back at the bottom. I got down to her (after saying a couple bad words under my breath) and before she got her breath back and the screaming began. Poor thing. The first thing I noticed was the huge gashes on her nose between her eyes where she must have hit right on the corner of one of the steps...it was bleeding already, and she had a huge goose egg on her forhead that was starting to bleed already too. But she was freaking out over her knee...which had the teeniest little scratch...not even really bleeding! She just kept crying that she wanted a bandaid...so I went back in and got one for her knee, and as soon as it was on, she stopped crying and jumped up and was ready to go! Ahhh, the magic of bandaids! She didn't even notice the blood dripping down her nose from the other gashes. I kinda had to laugh at her then! She was freaking out over the little thing and didn't even notice the big thing. Then she turned to me and said 'it's ok mommy, I'm tough'! She is a pretty tough little chick! But she has some funky looking scabs on her face now!
This last picture I took after I gave her some tylenol and she was passed out for her nap!Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
OUCH!!!
OOhh! Poor thing! poor mommy! Watching her go down will make your heart sink into your feet!
I hate it when kids fall and get hurt. Glad nothing got broken and her injuries weren't too bad. Poor little girl.
That is such a sad scab on her face now! Thanks for playing games with us last night! I love that dan ticket to ride game. We need to play again so you can totally kick our butts.
It always happens to us (falling down and getting a black eye or something) the day before we have a scheduled family picture or school pictures. Without fail.
SAD!!!
Oh, poor baby!
Post a Comment