It was freezing cold so I don't know what we were thinking going to look at lights but at least the kids were having fun! They loved the fountains and all the lights...Malia was a little disappointed that we couldn't go see baby Jesus though. It was just too crowded that we couldn't get up close to see Him. But she loved all the other lights and shepherds, etc that we saw.
On the way home we had just gotten on the trax and were waiting for like 5 or 10 minutes when they said that we had to get off and walk 2 blocks down to the next station to board a new trax. We were all a littled p.o.'d at first cuz we were freezing and kids were getting tired, but as we were walking and passed the accident and realized why that train couldn't take us, we felt bad. I guess some guy was trying to cross the tracks in between trains and catch a ride or something and got hit and his legs were completely cut off and I think I heard that his fingers or hands were too. Then we saw on the news that he died later in the hospital. So sad. There was also a smashed up car that I'm guessing was his ride he was trying to catch or something. We don't really know the whole story but it is really sad.
Anyway, the kids had fun looking at the lights and it was a fun night! Malia was so cute saying her prayers that night too and asking the man upstairs to help us do it again tomorrow because she had so much fun! So cute!
Then the next day Ry and I took the kids to Gardner Village to do the Elf Hunt. They thought some of the elves were pretty funny! I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the reindeer there anymore though and the kids were looking forward to seeing them. I guess they are just getting ready to fly out in a few days and help Santa! =)
They both loved the ducks and kept asking to go back to see them some more!
I love this picture! The elf is holding a mistle toe so I made Ry get up there and give Malia a kiss! She thought it was funny!
They both loved these Elves...hanging from the trees!
Malia sat up on the bench by this elf for a picture but Cole wouldn't get anywhere near it =) Or look at me for any of the pictures! He's turning into quite the little stinker lately!
One more funny story....The other day I was getting dressed and putting on my makeup after getting Malia off to school and feeding Cole his breakfast, while Cole was watching some cartoons down stairs. I heard some noise in the kitchen and went down to see what he was doing and found him like this. Apparently he was still hungry but didn't want to bother asking me so just took it into his own hands and got the cereal out of the cupboard, then pushed the chair over to the counter, climbed up and pulled out a bowl. Then he was just standing there waiting for me to come down I guess and help him get down. He just looked at me and I asked what he was doing and he said 'get bowl' and then just stood there! I guess he was scared to try to climb down himself cuz he wouldn't even try! He just wanted me to help him get down! So I poured him some cereal and he ate it dry...cuz he didn't want milk in it! So I guess he hadn't eaten enough for breakfast and wanted some more, but just as a snack! He was so serious when I found him though and his facial expressions were so funny! Almost like he was sure he did something wrong and didn't know how I was going to react or if he was going to be in trouble!


Anyway, it's been a fun holiday season so far and much more to come this week! I probably won't post again till after Christmas so I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!






3 comments:
I had no idea Gardner Village had elves and decorations there for Christmas!! Dang! How fun!
LOL! Cole is so funny!! He is so brave getting up there on his own! lol. Such a cutie! :D
-WAY sad about that guy dying though!! I hadn't even heard about it! Sucks to hear that right before Christmas! :(
Yeah, what is it with you guys and people dying while you're out having fun? Remind me never to hang out with you. ;)
Cute pictures, the ones of Cole at the end cracked me up!
Your kids are too too cute. How was your Christmas in your house? Definitely better in a house than an apartment! I need to come and visit you and check it out!
Post a Comment