It's only a month late, but I'm finally posting about all of our Christmas events! It has been super busy and honestly I'm kind of glad it's over! It always seems like it comes too fast and we're all busy and frantic getting ready for it, then it goes by too fast and we're busy cleaning up and putting Christmas decorations away! And I don't remember any relaxing days in there during our 'Christmas Vacation'! But it was good and Christmas is so much fun with kids! They make everything worth it and watching their cute little faces on Christmas morning! It's awesome!
So anyway, we have been to both parents houses for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day parties and get-togethers, Gingerbread house contests, sledding and being pulled around my parents back yard by a four wheeler in a sled! My parents and my brother both got 4 wheelers for Christmas so we'll be having a lot of fun with those! (Hopefully our bad luck with 4 wheelers won't continue!!)
Malia got to play "Mary" at Grandma Jennie's Christmas party and was so cute! We had her stuff a blanket under her dress to be the pregnant Mary walking to Bethlehem and she was all over that! She even practiced holding her back and walking - or should I say waddling - with her big stomach sticking out! Everyone loved that and she loved the attention! It was pretty cute!
Jeff & Sheri came over for a little New Years Eve party - we played Wii and other games and pretended to be drunk and took pictures of us and our Cherry 7 Up in goblets....we're dorks but it was fun!
Sorry there isn't too much detail because there is just too much, so at least take a minute to look through the pictures! There are too many so I had to do a slide show instead. But make sure you check them out...especially the Gingerbread houses! Ry did a good job making his cannon & cannon balls on our Princess castle gingerbread house, which actually look like...well, you can look at it! hee hee! Sorry, I hope no one will be offended by it, but I thought it was pretty funny!!
Now we'll have to start thinking about next years gingerbread house and start planning in advance if we're going to keep our winning record going! Ry did a good job cutting all that cardboard and sticking it together! Malia decorated the castle and made the 'princess'...Ry made the moat and the alligator...I did the draw bridge and helped put icing on. Cole wasn't into it a whole lot. Mostly he was decorating (eating is more like it) his sugar cookie and eating candy!
Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Jen, sounds like you had a great Christmas. :) loved the pictures of Malia being "pregnant mary". So cute! :) We tried to start the tradition of doing the nativity scene with the grand kids this year, but no one wanted to participate. Maybe next year when they are a bit older.
If you were dorks, then we were too! We put sparkling grape juice in goblets! :)
Post a Comment