Phew...I am glad to be home! It was a very nice weekend at Bear Lake, but man...I am glad to be back! Malia and Cole had a good time, but I think it is nice for them to be home too and finally get some good sleep! They both had a hard time sleeping up there with all the noise that over 40 people in 1 cabin can cause.
I was excited to finally go wakeboarding again. I haven't been for a couple years because I was pregnant with Cole last summer, and the summer before that I only got out once...so really I've only been once in the last 4 years. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't even be able to get up...but I did! And that's about it! I still can't jump with out crashing! They told me I did get some air on my jumps this time at least, but I just can't land! My goal is to someday be able to jump the wake...and hopefully before I'm too old and I start getting arthritis and can't do it at all anymore! It's so much fun. The boys make it look so easy...it's a little frustrating! But I love to watch them. Even the younger kids did an awesome job. And we were very lucky and had very good weather and good wakeboarding water almost the whole trip. Only one day was windy and no one went out at all. But all the other days were incredible.
I think Malia liked having a lot of attention - and liked hanging out with the older girls (cousins)! She isn't around girls very much, so I think she thrives on it when there are other girls around. And they were nice enough to let her hang out with them sometimes! Malia kept telling them how each of them were so pretty and that their hair or lips or whatever was pretty! It was pretty funny!
Malia also go to go out on the bumper tubes for her first time. She didn't have much of any expression on her face, but when I would ask her if she liked it she would say 'yeah' or if she wanted to stop or go again she would say 'go again'. Of course we were going pretty slow...we didn't even hit any bumps because we were going so slow...but that's ok. I'm sure that will come when she gets older!
Cole loved playing in the water. He didn't love the sand a whole lot, but he loved to sit at the edge of the water...and try to eat the little rocks and sea shells. Everything goes in his mouth still. He really got into playing 'peek-a-boo' while we were there too. He would hide his head with his blanket or bend down in the play pin thing...then pop up and grin and laugh when we all said 'peek-a-boo'. He was pretty silly! And he also got to go out on the little blow-up row boat with Malia. He was trying to dive out into the water the whole time he was in it!
I'm glad Grandma, Grandpa, Mindy, Cory, and Justin were there too. They were such big helps with the kids...I would never have been able to do it by myself! And they are all so good with my kids and they love their grandparents and aunts/uncles so much!
Anyway, we're glad to be back! We missed Daddy - he unfortunately couldn't come with us because he's got so much school work to catch up on. The kids were excited to see him when we got home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
how fun!!! lol. I love the peek-a-boo stage! lol. Dante is now doing it to people in church and it keeps him and them entertained for a good time, so ... yeah. lol! Did i hear you came back sick?
Looks like fun! We are going on August, I can't wait.
Hi Jen! I love your blog and it's super cute, but at least on my monitor your background is really dark and I can't read your writing - bummer! Anyway, I just thought I would tell you in case anyone else has the same problem.
Post a Comment