CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 31, 2009

When it rains, it pours...

Why does everything always happen at once? When something goes wrong, ten other things have to too!! That was my weekend (Saturday) in a nutshell.
First of all, Friday night I noticed that our milk was tasting a little bit warm, so I turned down the temperature on the fridge and thought maybe just the kids had bumped it or played with it. But saturday morning at breakfast, all the milk was very very warm and I noticed things in the freezer that were thawing and had water all over in the bottom. So I turned it to the coldest it can go for the fridge and freezer and at noon when I was making lunch, there was something smelling a little off...and yes, everything in the freezer is melted and milk is bad and warm...not even a little bit cool. Totally warm. So I text Ryan (he's at convention) and tell him that I think our fridge is broken and when he gets home we are running all over borrowing coolers and ice to empty out our fridge. But we had other issues that day so didn't have time to go buy a new fridge right away. So now we have coolers lined up against our walls in our living room full of all our freezer and fridge stuff. Lovely.
Then I had a baby shower that afternoon and on the way home, Cole starts grunting and I smell something funny so I asked if he pooped and he says 'no'. But I can definitely smell it now. So when we stop at a red light I turn around and ask him again, but he denies it, again...but then I notice Malia. There is poop all down her legs, all over her car seat, down on to the seat of my car, and dripping down on the floor. I had to roll the windows down for the rest of the drive home. I asked her if her tummy was sick and she looked up at me with the saddest look on her face and said 'yeah'. I couldn't get mad cuz she looked so scared! I felt so bad for her....but also very frustrated cuz I was already in a hurry. I had a party that night to go to and was already rushing to get home and feed kids before I had to take off again to go to my party. And now we had to hose down her car seat and scrub the crap out of it (literally) and clean out the car and give Malia a bath...
THEN, at my party, they had the door open cuz it was a little warm and a bee got in and we were all trying to shwush it out (is shwush even a word??). But I guess we didnt get it and some how I made it mad, cuz a few minutes later I jump and feel this stinging on the back of my neck...yep..it was like hiding out in my hair then stung me...and then all of a sudden it knew the way out of the house and flew straight for the door and out! And I was in the middle of my little presentation shin dig and I felt so stupid! I had to keep running to the bathroom to see if I could see a stinger and cuz it was swelling up so fast. And I guess it was a wasp or yellow jacket...or whatever the ones are that don't leave stingers in cuz we could never find one. But freak! I haven't been stung since I was like 5 and it hurts like crap!! I am still sore and have this huge quarter sized red bump on the back of my neck. So I get home and I call my dad whos a pharmacist and ask him what to do, then it was still hurting to I made Ry google to see what to do for bee stings...I tried the baking soda paste while I was at the party, right after it stung me...and that definitely DID NOT help! I think it made it worse! So don't ever do that if you get stung! It sucked. But Ry found somewhere that said toothpaste is supposed to help...and I think it did a little bit...but it was late and I was going to bed so I don't know for sure. I just know I had this huge gob of toothpaste on my neck as I was trying to go to sleep.
Then the last fun adventure from our saturday, was Ryan was fixing the last part of our sprinklers so we can lay sod this week (we were hoping by today actually) but when he was digging, he accidentally broke a sprinkler line that we now have to fix before we can lay sod. So he took today off so that he can dig up the sprinkler thing, again, and now hopefully we'll get sod done this weekend.
Ahhh...sigh. That was my weekend. But hey, at least I'm getting a nice new fridge out of it today!! Was anyone else's weekend as eventful as mine??

3 comments:

Mindy

Sorry Jen! I hope things go better for you this week.

~Mindy~

Oh, sad story! My weekend was also aweful - I sat around in the outdoors playing with a cute baby and friends, played on the beach, and relaxed. Oh wait, that wasn't aweful at all, ha ha! ;) No, but really that sucks and I'm sorry you had such a "crappy" weekend! :(

Jacque

That seriously sucks. I feel bad. You didnt have to come to the baby shower, you had a good excuse. Geez. Let me know if there is anything I can do