Tuesday, July 14, 2009
bye bye binkie
Last week we decided it was time to get rid of Cole's binkie. It has been a rough week for the poor guy! The first time putting him to bed after cutting the tip of his binkie, he put it in his mouth and pulled it right back out and stared at it in his hand for a few seconds. Then he turned it over several times looking at it from every angle I guess, then put it back in his mouth...not a half second later he spit it back out and threw it across his room. He will not even allow the binkie to be in his crib with him now and will not even look at it - like it has personally offended him! That night it took him at least 2 hours (of screaming) to fall asleep...and the next day for his nap (or lack there-of) he screamed for 4 1/2 hours. I got him out for dinner and just a couple hours later it was bed time and he screamed for another hour and a half I belive...but I think he finally gave in just from pure exhaustion. He had a REALLY rough time the first few days, then got better over the weekend and I was hoping he was going to get over it pretty quickly, but today he is back to the screaming for his nap time. Why is it that whenever I put him to bed or down for a nap it's the screaming...but when Ry did it all weekend he was FINE!! He would only cry for 2 minutes before he collapsed...and now when Ry's back to work, he screams his head off for hours again?? It's very frustrating! But at least he doesn't want his binkie anymore...he just has to figure out how to go to sleep without it now. (sigh...) Wish me luck. I feel like I've had a constant head ache for the last week from all the screaming...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I'm so sorry! Hopefully it will get better for you tho!
I know what your going through we just took Allie's wrist she sucked on about 6 months ago and I now wish we didn't it was her comfort and her calming mec. now I think she has ADD. She has not found anything to calm her yet:) Its been hard I have had to learn how to reparent her...havn't figured it out? I hope you don't have the same issue being that Allie was 6.
Getting rid of the binkie is not one of my favorite parts of parenting. Way to go making it this far. Hopefully this week will be better for you.
Poor little guy...this is why I was a thumb sucker - couldn't cut that off! ;) Don't worry, I won't teach him my ways. :) I hope it gets better soon! (Or maybe this is Karma for seeing Harry Potter without me???) j/k! :)
Hey I read Tiff's blog. So you know a lot of people in Star Valley? What about Amanda Wilford or Brooklee (forgot her last name.) They were my college roomates.
Post a Comment