CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

1st Day of Preschool

Malia is finally starting preschool! Yeah!! We had an orientation on Monday and she got to meet all the kids in her class and everything, and she had a really hard time going! She was crying the whole way there, and tried to run away from the place when we got there. The parents stayed for the first half hour to try to slowly break them in...and Malia just stayed hiding behind me and refused to join the other kids - until they mentioned 'snack'...then she was all over it! She immediately jumped into the little 'choo-choo train' line with the kids and went to the other room for a snack. That's when the parents got away! It was only about an hour that day just to kind of get them familiar with the place and the other kids. Malia did really well after that. I think it was just all the hype over her starting preschool for the last few months and she got cold feet a little bit!

But anyway, today was her first full day. They are going to do a teddy bear picnic and hunt and were asked to bring a stuffed animal from home. So she got to take her cow with her today, which I think made her feel much more comfortable just being able to do that! She also got to wear a dress today, which always makes her happy cuz she thinks she is Cinderella when she's in her pink dress!! She did so much better today. Didn't cry at all and was so excited to see her teacher, Miss Michelle. It made me feel better dropping her off when she was happy too, and not freaking out! But I did good and didn't cry! But I can't believe my little princess is starting Preschool! She all of a sudden seems so little and is my baby again! Or maybe it's just me that's the baby!
Anyway, it will be nice to have a little free time now and give Cole some one-on-one time too. Maybe I can finally start scrapbooking again now...or maybe I should just catch up on some house cleaning and things that never get done!


Malia isn't cryingin this picture - even though it looks like it! The sun was just really bright. She actually was telling her teacher how nice she was - which I think made her day too! Their drop-off and pick-up system is so nice. They come out and get your child and walk them in so I don't have to get Cole out and take them both in - and when we come to pick Malia up, they bring her out to the car for us. We just have a little sign in our window for them with Malia's name on it...so they know which kid bring out. It's great!

10 comments:

Tiffany Anderson

I've been wondering how she is liking it. That's great that she didn't cry the second time...and good job Jen for not crying!!!

Laura Jett

WOW!! I'm so glad she did so good at preschool today! Congrats on not crying! haha. I was proud when I didn't cry for Dante sleeping in his big boy bed. haha. SO crazy! anyway... how long is a full day for Malia in preschool?

Damaris

Malia looks really cute in that dress. She looks like a little princess. I hope she keeps enjoying the school!

Jim and Jana Bramble

She is the cutest little girl and so much fun. She will love pre-school.

The Norris Family

Jen- your kids are so cute, You are much braver that I was I made it until Brooklyn went in and I was crying so hard I had to pull over, lol and Brooklyn was crying too I think that was why? IT sounds good anyways.

Jamie

Good girl Malia! I didn't think she would have a hard time. Hasn't she been wanting to go to Pre-school for awhile? She looks cute in her dress!

April

That is so cool! I can't wait for zeke to go to pre-school. NOt just because it gives me a break but also so he can interact with other kids and learn. I think it will be good for him. How many times a week does she go? And that is so cool how you dont have to get out of the car to pick her up or drop her off!

Miranda Whitney

She looks so adorable :)

Craner Family

Wow, Jen. I can't believe it. I'm glad Malia likes preschool! I'm glad you didn't cry either. he he.

Bethie

where is she going to preschool again? the pick up and drop off is like Challenger- I love it! ( Mara goies to Challenger)